Glingle-Glingle

A collection of random wafflings as they pop into my mind

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Who said cramming doesn't work?

I passed my exam! I got 67% - who ever said that cramming was a bad thing! Out of the 60 that took the exam only three failed - the highest mark was 76%, so I think I'm justified in feeling smug. Even if I'm not entitled to do so - I'm enjoying the smugness anyway. Unfortunately we get our "Methods of Enquiry" essay result back on Friday. I'm a bit worried that I didn't put enough about ethics in it to get a pass, quite apart from the fact that I'm pretty sure that I missed the whole point of the literature review part anyway. I'll just have to crack on with getting the rest of my essays finished before I go out on placement so that I've got time to resubmit that one if I've failed it.

I had a nice lunch with my friend Angela today - she come home with me and we stuffed ourselves with pizza and fresh fruit salad, and spent lots of time cuddling the bunnies. Not to mention the obligatory gossiping and laughing of course!

In other news today I found out where I'm going for my FP4 placement in September. Unfortunately it's in deepest darkest West Cumbria, about 70 miles from home so I think I might have to sort out some accommodation. The good news is that I don't think I'll have to wear uniform for it as it's in a child and adolescent mental health team - which sounds pretty scary to me. Still it means that I'll have had a good range of experiences of placements; community, hospital, forensic, mental health and children/young adults which will please the HPC when I come to register as an O.T. It also means that I should be able to do a physical placement for my elective next year, which I think is the area I'd prefer to work in rather than mental health. I quite fancy palliative care or intermediate care or possibly even learning disabilities (although that might be viewed by college as a bit too mental healthish and I should do something more physical based). Oh well I guess it'll come down to where I can actually get a placement!

Mum and Dad phoned last night - they had a very relaxing time in the Loire Valley and have now travelled further north and are staying near
Mont Saint-Michel for the next few days. Sounds like the weather has been a bit mixed for them and they were invaded by thunder bugs yesterday. Dad found my awakening on Sunday very funny when I told him about it - at least it means that they don't need to worry about me!

1 Comments:

At 11:28 pm, Blogger Custancia said...

Congratulations! That's a definite and resounding pass!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home