Glingle-Glingle

A collection of random wafflings as they pop into my mind

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Whoops!

It's now official I can sleep for England. It took me a while to get to sleep last night as my neck was so painful, hence I was still awake at 3 am. I woke up about 7 then dozed off again, eventually getting up about 9. When I opened the blind in Mum & Dad's room, had some breakfast then watched some TV in bed.

I obviously fell asleep again as I awoke about midday, when it sounded like the garage door was rattling. I thought I'd better investigate and so I pulled on my dressing gown. As I walked past the arch window in the lounge I saw one of our neighbours stood there. When I opened the door, two neighbours were stood there. I then realised that a third neighbour had climbed over the wall using a step ladder between our two properties. Apparently they were worried as they hadn't seen me that day, they knew that Mum & Dad were away and the rabbits hadn't been let into the run. Apparently they tried knocking on the door about an hour earlier, ringing the door bell and phoning me. I hadn't heard a thing. They thought I might be possibly be asleep and so they left it an hour before trying again. There were five missed calls on the phone, next door had climbed into the garden and been knocking on my bedroom window, and it was only when they banged for the umpteenth time on the garage door that I stirred!

At least I can safely say that we have excellent neighbours who keep an eye out for our well being here. Next door had apparently tried to contact me yesterday morning as well as he'd had to come into the garden to repair their side roof. Obviously I' d slept through that as well. I would like to point out that I did in fact surface yesterday as I had a chat with the neighbour at the back who was pulling out the hedge, just the rest of the neighbours hadn't seen me!

Notes to self :
  1. Don't leave both cordless phones in the hallway , keep one by the bed.
  2. Don't leave the side gate locked so that people have to climb over the wall.
  3. Open both blinds at the front so they don't think you've collapsed before you had a chance to open the other!

1 Comments:

At 10:15 am, Blogger Custancia said...

Oh well, it will give them all something to talk about! Glad you *are* Ok, and glad you have neighbours to look out for you. will see you on Sunday!!!! (better catch up on your sleep whilst you can!!!!!!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home