Glingle-Glingle

A collection of random wafflings as they pop into my mind

Sunday, January 07, 2007

I'm not liking New Blogger

Well, for a start it won't let me remain signed in on my computer, no matter how many times I click the remember me thing. When you do sign in, you have to sign in with your email address rather than your user name which is much shorter to type. Today I discovered that it wouldn't let a friend add a comment. I really am growing to regret the move to it, and they won't let me have the old one back.

In other news, I braved M&S today and managed to spend £** on clothes and a pair of ankle boots. Bizarrely whilst I normally need a 5 1/2 they were huge on me and I ended up buying a pair of boots in 4 1/2. I know their dress sizes have got roomer, but shoes as well? The budget has been well and truely blown this week, as I have also spent the best part of £40 on Mr Mandelstom's seminal work, Community Care Practice & Law (or whatever it's called). College only has 5 copies of it across three sites and none of them are short term bookable or reference copies. Fingers crossed it will arrive before my essays are due in, although knowing my luck they'll release the 4th edition next week!

1 Comments:

At 8:12 pm, Blogger Custancia said...

Glad I waited for other's feedback before moving over - I'll stay with old blogger until I have to move then.
We have a copy of Community care Practice and the Law - in fact it's open beside me as I've been flicking through it to check some references (slightly quicker than checking notes of my teaching!). If I'd have known you needed it, I could have brought it over when I visited at Xmas! Remember to check if there are other hideously expensive books we might have to lend!
Good luck with the essays1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home