Glingle-Glingle

A collection of random wafflings as they pop into my mind

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I'm NOT saying the HNY thing...

Grrr, the end of the year thing really annoys me. It's just a day like any other. Maybe I've just not experienced anything that makes me wish I can say good riddance to the old year and welcome the new with such pomp. So moving swiftly on.....

Christmas came and went with far too many calories consumed. Oops. It was lovely to have all the family together and I got some really nice pressies, including Hotel Chocolat kirsch soaked cherries which contributed to the calorie overload.

The world seems to have returned to normal now, we got up early and had a family outing to Lakeland Limited at Windermere and ended up spending waaaaaaaay too much money - but it was the sales. We picked up some more stickers that had been a big hit with my niece after her parents bought some earlier in the sales, a load of reduced price card making stuff (so I can make cards and avoid writing my 4 essays that are due in by the end of the month) and the best thing, a half price purple stripey door mat.

After all the shopping (we arrived about half an hour after the store opened and had the place to ourselves) we were the first customers of the day in their in store cafe. It was really nice just to sit in comfy chairs and savour a cinnamon latte and gaze out of the windows chatting with Mum & Dad, and knowing that at that moment there was nothing else that I should and could be doing. Random thought about Lakeland, in the toilet cubicles they have a screen that shows their promotional video. Does this mean that people spend longer on the toilet so that they can see the whole thing, or less time as it's a bit odd seeing the people on it whilst you're sat on the loo?

1 Comments:

At 10:41 pm, Blogger Custancia said...

Yeah! More stickers - Ellie is now more than half way through the enormous box we only got a week ago!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home