Glingle-Glingle

A collection of random wafflings as they pop into my mind

Thursday, October 19, 2006

There has been knitting going on

If you're lucky you might even get some pictures in a few days. Ellie's second cardigan is almost finished, just needs a bit of sewing up and the buttons attaching. The pink sweater for her is nearly finished too, half a sleeve and then just assembling it. I think it might be a bit big for her yet though.

I've also started a cardigan for myself, somehow I think this one may take me a while to knit unless I dramatically shrink. It's an advance in the world of knitting for me as there's a pattern! We won't mention how I twice started knitting the back and managed to somehow mess it up in the same way each time. Damn you, pattern repeats! In the end I abandoned the back and started on a sleeve - same pattern, less repeats, looks like it's supposed to.

I'm planning on trying a new knitting technique - double pointed needles. I bought a sock kit. This may be the slippery slope of addiction. I'm being very good though and I'm not starting it until I've finished at least one other project. Honest.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 pm, Blogger Custancia said...

That sounds like a lot of knitting!! Can't wait to see some of it...
PS Yippee, it's now cold enough to wear the scarf you knitted me (never thought I'd be pleased about cold weather!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home