Glingle-Glingle

A collection of random wafflings as they pop into my mind

Thursday, January 25, 2007

I shouldn't be typing this...

In fact I shouldn't be typing anything non-essential really. Having waited about 12 weeks to see a physio I'm now three sessions into the treatment for my neck/arm/shoulder/hand pain/tingling/numbness. Whilst it has improved my range of movement in my neck it's also dramatically increased the pain, hence the co-codamol and diazepam from the lovely locum doctor. I've also invested in one of these after being advised to apply heat packs to the area, it's just fab, and saves me nicking Mum's square version all the time .

College (when I mangaged to talk to the people I needed to) have actually been really good about the problem. Occupational health emailed my tutor supporting my request for extensions for my essay and referred me to student support services to see what help they can offer. Their support worker took details of how it's affecting my studying and participation in student life (I didn't think it was worth pointing out that it's my drinking arm that's affected) and they're going to get back to me. One of the suggestions they made was that for my summer exam I could have a scribe (which I thought was a little over the top), but they thought my suggestion of a writing slope so I'm not bending over to write would be possible, and suggested extra time for breaks to rest and stretch in.

So that's about it for now - I would like to point out that this has been saved several times as a draft and added to as and when I felt up to it so if the tense changed halfway through, apologies .

See Mum I am being good and trying to cut down on my computer addiction!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home