Glingle-Glingle

A collection of random wafflings as they pop into my mind

Monday, August 07, 2006

What I did at the weekend.

Well, as Mum & Dad spent the weekend at York playing with their new caravan and showing it off to my sister and her family the dress had a weekend off and spent it lounging about on either the sofa (for the partially assembled pieces) or the spare bed (for those still waiting to play a part).

Yes, technically there were bits of it that I could have done without Mum's assistance, but actually cutting and sewing things without a second pair of eyes saying "Yes, that's right." was just too scary. So I gave up and instead just had recurring nightmares about arriving at the convention, getting ready for the gala dinner and discovering that I had only a quarter of a dress to wear and a large bag of fabric.

Instead I ventured out on Sunday (free parking in town!) to M&S in search of some, ahem, "foundation garments" to wear with the dress. As usual they didn't have the ones I wanted in the correct size, but I did however end up buying these. They're not as pale as they appear on the photo, they're really more the colour of the insoles, but I figure they should look nice with the dress (well the tips of them that might peak out from under it whilst I'm walking should anyway).

I have to admit that I was amazed that I actually found shoes that were in my size, were wide enough to fit me, didn't cripple my dodgy big toe (a story for another day), were in a style that I liked, a colour that I liked and which I thought I might be able to wear on more than one occasion, that I was able to walk in without toppling over and that had a price tag that didn't cause my credit card to have a panic attack. Taking all that into account I just had to buy them!

1 Comments:

At 8:56 pm, Blogger Jennialine said...

ohhhh, love the shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home