Glingle-Glingle

A collection of random wafflings as they pop into my mind

Sunday, June 04, 2006

The madness continues...apparently

Having finished the bunny I moved onto my next project. Go on have a guess, what does every beginner knit? Yes, a scarf! It's still got to have tassels added (need to find a crochet hook for that apparently) but here it is in all its four foot of monochromatic beauty.


My second project is on the needles and I could tell you about it, but erm it might be a present for someone and that'd spoil the surprise so I'll have to keep you in suspense a little longer. Apparently there has been a request for a rabbit for my niece - ha! Beat you to it. A second rabbit is already in progress! (She could have had the prototype but I haven't sewn to ears on very well and some people believe rabbits to be edible apparently)

There is also another project on the needles and *shock* *gasp* *horror* I'm doing it properly and knitting a tension swatch (is that the correct terminology?) I wish I could claim that this is because I'm determined to make sure that the sizing is correct, but actually I was just dying to see how the wool knitted up.


The artificial light doesn't do really show what it's like. It's a pale pink with blue and yellow textured bits in it. (Notice the sneaky peek of wool for secret work in progress in the picture). It's Sirdar Snuggly Chatterbox DK which is apparently now discontinued hence I got it for the bargain price of 99p for a 50g ball - just hope I bought enough. It's an acrylic blend doodah which will no doubt offend the wool snobs but given that we seem to share our home with the occasional clothes moth (we won't mention how they restyled my lambswool cardigan) and that it's machine washable it seems quite a sensible choice to me. It's actually pretty nice to knit with once I'd got used to the bobbly bits and I like the way the colour patches form.

Well apparently this post has won the medal for most over use of the word "apparently" and so I'm off to find a thesaurus for my next post, although I might just knit a bit more of that swatch first...

2 Comments:

At 2:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently these are quite good.
Allegedly, as if, as though, intuitively, most likely, ostensibly, outwardly, plausibly, possibly, probably, professedly, reasonably, reputably, speciously, superficially, supposedly, tangibly.

How long have you supported Newcastle FC?

 
At 1:26 pm, Blogger Francesca said...

Apparently, I'm impressed, particularly by your tension swatch. Hooley dooley. I am only just (after knitting for umpteen years) getting to grips with the necessity for those blasted things. I also thought your bunny was adorable and I love the almost mathematical, bar code-ish look of your scarf.

Followed you here via Custancia's blog of holiday beauty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home