Glingle-Glingle

A collection of random wafflings as they pop into my mind

Friday, April 21, 2006

Slimed.....

Well, had my abdominal ultrasound yesterday. Amazingly (from what I remember about the last time I had one) this time the gel was actually warmer than my skin temperature, which sadly makes me worry about why that was the case... I mean how do they keep it warm?? My somewhat vivid imagination was coming up with all sorts of fantastical solutions to that query whilst I was being scanned. I won't share them with you for fear of embarrassing myself.

The ultrasound appeared to be normal - I was a bit tender in places and she noticed that I flinched when she was checking my right kidney, but it all seemed fine and she couldn't find any evidence of gallstones which seemed to be the main thing they were trying to rule out.

Back to the gel thing - she tried to wipe the worst of the gel off me after the ultrasound, but confessed that the paper towels just tend to smear the gel and suggested that when I got back to the changing cubicle that I used the gown I was wearing to mop it off with as it soaks up the gel better. Having been covered in gel from my hips to my ribs and halfway round my back, I have to say that I felt like I'd been embraced by a giant slug, which only added to my concerns about why the gel was so warm. Sorry, but I did warn you about the vivid imagination thing.

2 Comments:

At 7:32 pm, Blogger Custancia said...

Sorry to be prosaic, but I just assumed that that they had an adapter 'baby feeding bottle warmer'?!

 
At 1:40 pm, Blogger Glingle said...

Yeah, but an alien mutant slime monster slug is so much more fun...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home