Glingle-Glingle

A collection of random wafflings as they pop into my mind

Sunday, May 21, 2006

I made a bunny!

Okay it's official. I'm bored. Sadly whatever lovely virus I got last year is still hanging around and has reduced my concentration span. I tried to do a half finished cross stitch sampler I found in the wardrobe but ended up having to unpick 80% of whatever I did as I'd followed the chart wrongly. Not good.

However my creative urges needed satisfying and as half of my sister's friends blogs are about knitting...and well you can see where this is going can't you. A friend gave me some knitting needles a couple of years ago and Martyn bless him sent me some leftover wool he had from his great bobble making frenzy and armed with the internet I set out to teach myself to knit.

I found a fantastic site http://www.knittinghelp.com that has videos of techniques you can download and also a pattern that I used to make this bunny

I know it's not that impressive but I knitted it all by myself - the body is made out of a square that you just sew and stuff into the right shape. Anything more technical than that is too confusing at the moment!

2 Comments:

At 7:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bunny is soooo cute, I bet Smudge was quite jealous.
Can't wait to see what else you make if this is what you can produce in such a short time.

 
At 9:04 pm, Blogger Custancia said...

Paul and I agree - that is SO cute. So? will you be knitting another for your niece?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home