Glingle-Glingle

A collection of random wafflings as they pop into my mind

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Seduction

Okay seduction may be an odd title when this post is mainly about Anthea Turner, but bear with me...

There was nothing on telly tonight, so I ended up watching "Anthea Turner Perfect Housewife" on BBC3. Now if we gloss over the fact that Anthea is desperately annoying (admittedly I may be biased here. My old manager grew up with Anthea and had a photo of the two of them stuck on her office wall to gaze at whilst she filed her nails. So immediately I associate Anthea with her) the programme is trying to teach us that if we fold our towels in the correct manner, organise our drawers and use the hoover daily our lives will be sparkly, fulfilling and generally wonderful.

I don't do tidy and very rarely do cleaning. My home has always been one of those places where you've barely got your toe past the front door before I'm apologising about the state of the place. The idea therefore that if I follow Anthea's tips and routines and fold my shirts around A4 pieces of card, then my home will look pristine and my life will be perfect has some appeal.

My life has never been perfect and maybe the state of my house has been the cause and not a symptom. If I'd trained myself to answer all the letters on time, used the iron for its intended purpose rather than as a doorstop and known what was in the kitchen cupboards that could be used as a handy stain remover then maybe it would all have been different. See I've been seduced!

2 Comments:

At 10:35 pm, Blogger Custancia said...

Other people's lives (and lifestyles) always seem so much more attractive - including our own to others. Personally, I suspect Anthea has a cleaner/housekeeper!

 
At 6:02 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

As if that is going to help any of us keep a really tidy house!

I need to get rid of stuff before bringing more into the house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home