Glingle-Glingle

A collection of random wafflings as they pop into my mind

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Housey Housey

Now, I'm going to play a little game with you. There's two pictures in this post, can you tell which is the before and which is the after?

We had a family outing to Wiltshire last week to finish off the work that needed doing to my house before it can be re-let.

Amazingly for once the weather was reasonable and we managed to complete all the outside tasks without getting rained on too much. We even managed to paint the new fence we put up behind the shed.

It seemed very odd going back to my house and seeing it empty. It had a bit of a sad unloved feel to it. After three days of hard work though it felt like my house again, so much so that I feel that I want to go and live there again. Even though there's been lots of changes in Westbury in the 18 months or so since I moved out it still feels like home.

Hopefully now the house has been tidied up it will be let quickly. We bought some rugs to put down in some of the rooms to take the emptiness off them as the rooms seem very bare (and small) with nothing in them. For once the gods were on our side and we found some suitable ones that were on sale at half price.

So did you figure out the before and after quiz then? I really enjoyed giving the bronze carex (pale grass clump to the right of the patio for the non gardeners amongst you) a haircut. It's amazing how simple things like that can make a garden look so much better, along with weeding and pruning of course!

2 Comments:

At 7:18 pm, Blogger Custancia said...

My garden still bears a remarkable resemblance to the before image - despite 8+ hours of hard work by me and Ellie!

 
At 10:57 pm, Blogger Glingle said...

Your garden's looking good. The only reason it doesn't look like mine is because you didn't nip down to B&Q and buy some primulas to stick in it!
I promise I'll help you with your garden this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home